STB Software Development
We provide a range STB software design & development services including:
• Software stack development in C/C++, integration & porting
• Middleware porting: MHEG-5, HbbTV, CAS
• Driver work
• Porting to different SoC
• DVB standards consulting & training
• Delivery of bespoke software components to fit your project
• Elaborating latest incremental STB profile updates into deployable software designs
• DTG D-Book 7 consulting
• Languages – C / C++
• Design – UML, GOF & POSA patterns, OO design
• SoC – Broadcom BCM7230, STi7105, STi7111,…, Fujitsu SmartMPEG, LSI, NXP, Magnum, MediaTek, ARM, PPC854x
• OS – OS20/21, Nucleus, VxWorks, uCOS, QNX6, Embedded Linux
• Driver APIs – Nexus, STAPI, others per chipset
• Device Drivers – custom FPGAs, HDMI, DEMUX, OSD, Tuner/Demods, I2C peripherals, JTAG, PCI, ETH, Flash…
• Networks – Freeview HD, Nordig, Soarview, DTT Europe, DTT Australia, Freesat G2, Free Satellite, Private Cable operators, VOD, YouSee
• MHEG5 / DSM-CC – multiple vendor porting (RedKey, Voyager, Echo)
• Middleware –SI, DAVIC, iPlayer, SSU, SUBS, TV-Anytime clients, DTG-OAD, EPGs, DVRs, Navigators, metadata managers…
• CAS – Latens, NAGRA, NDS, CI/CI+
We previously worked as the R&D team for a CE manufacturer and are experienced in troubleshooting STB projects into high volume production.
Once the STB is at a testing stage we can help by carrying out on-site visits on your behalf to troubleshoot receivers and solve integration issues. We can help iron out difficult 3rd party integration issues between different middleware and drivers.
We can help with vendor management and troubleshooting STB projects that are late or struggling to get through testing.
We have 15 years’ experience with DTG D-Book profile software design, since the earliest deployment of DVB-T receivers in the UK market.
We help receiver manufacturers, particularly non UK based manufacturers, with new D-book receiver designs or deploying new incremental D-book updates to existing models.
For most projects we work to fixed price / fixed delivery contracts.
Alternatively, if you just need a few days consultancy or a C/C++ developer for a short period on your project then we also provide daily or hourly rates to suit. Let us know how we can help and we're flexible to the circumstance. We have no minimum time requirements.